A very big thank you for your support throughout 2019
2019 has been another dynamic year for Studio THI seeing our team spread its wings and work with project teams in Asia, the UK and USA – as well as throughout Australia. A (very) few highlights include:
- The launch of the Lendlease Better Places Index;
- Supporting the Google and Lendlease team with strategic place making in Silicon Valley and the creation of an integrated Workforce Development and Local Industry Participation Framework with the City of San Jose.
- Exploring end user appetites for a mixed income build to rent propositions in Australia with Capella Capital;
- Working with the South East Queensland Council of Mayors and the Queensland State Government to explore ideas for realising a diversity of housing choices across SEQ – addressing the ‘missing middle’ and creating a common language to support urban change management;
- Preparing a Campus Futures Strategy with Charles Sturt University and assisting with its implementation;
- Supporting Morten Bay Region Council to imagine innovative community and cultural facilities;
- The Future Cites Conference and Great Places Engagement work with the Property Council of Australia; and
- Developing the Healthy Places Healthy People framework with the Preventative Health branch of Queensland Health and State Government Architect’s Office.
Team changes at Studio THI
There have been a few changes to the team throughout the year with the departure of Emily and Jessica – both of whom have headed overseas to broaden their experience and the arrival of our new Board Director from the USA Michelle Moore.
Lastly, and with a deep sense of appreciation for her tremendous leadership over the last 14 years, I wanted to let you know that Kate will be leaving Studio THI at the end of the year, and that Jennifer Michelmore will be assuming the Acting Chief Executive role.
Jen has been with Studio THI for fifteen years and is well known to many of you having led some of our most impactful co-creation programs. Kate will stay closely associated with the Institute as we continue to grow and like me, she is excited to see where Studio THI goes under Jen’s leadership.